White gold is an exquisite-looking metal. For this reason, white gold jewelry items do not come cheap. When diamonds are set on them, the resulting piece is likely to be pricey.
Once you acquire such jewelry, one of your main goals will be taking care of them properly so that they maintain their luster and value for years to come. A key component to this will be cleaning them.
Here, learn how to clean your white gold jewelry pieces that have some diamonds encrusted in them.
How To Clean White Gold Jewelry With Diamonds
White gold is beautiful. For people that do not like the jarring look of yellow gold and love a more understated look, white gold is a perfect choice. In recent years, this metal has become the go-to for both wedding and engagement rings.
However, regular cleaning is necessary to remove dirt, oil, and soap residue to maintain its luster. While cleaning metal is fairly easy, a metal combined with a precious stone poses a bit of a challenge. This is because you have to find a cleaning regimen that will clean both metal and precious stone effectively without damaging either.
This is a simple method that you can use to clean your white ring with diamonds routinely. The best part about it is that there are no special, expensive compounds required.
Follow this procedure:
1. Warm up some water and place in a bowl
2. Add mild dishwashing detergent into the water to make it foamy
3. Immerse the ring in the water and use a soft cloth to clean the surface
4. You can use a soft-bristled brush to pry away dirt and debris from the nooks and crannies of the ring
5. Rinse, dry it with a paper towel and place it on a safe spot to air completely air-dry
This method is more for an occasional deep clean.
Follow this procedure:
1. Place warm water in a bowl
2. Add a few tablespoons of white vinegar
3. Place the jewelry in this solution and let it soak for 5- 15 minutes
4. Remove from the water and gently agitate with a soft cloth or a soft brush to remove any debris
5. When you are satisfied with the result, rinse the solution off, pat dry, and leave it in a safe spot to air dry
The third method is a one-step method where you can buy a store-bought cleaner specifically for gold and diamond jewelry.
This is often available in general stores and jewelry shops as well. These are often specially formulated to clean certain types of jewelry without damaging them. Be sure to read and follow the instructions carefully.
If you are worried about maintaining your white gold, diamond-encrusted jewelry, worry no more. Whether you want to clean a white gold diamond ring, a neckpiece, or any other item with this combination, these processes will get the job done.
Is it time to update your collection? Follow this link for some exquisite pieces.